Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ode to Ellaiden...with or without hair....


Sung to the tune of
"Oh My Darling Clementine"










Alopecia, alopecia,
You just appeared one day,
You are sneaky,
You came so quickly
I don't quite know what to say.

But guess what, oh alopecia
You won't get her
No, no, no.....
Alopecia, you can't change her,
It's not her hair that makes her glow..

It's her laughter and her busyness
And the way she never slows,
It's the way her brown eyes twinkle,
Besides, she really hates hairbows.

She is clever and so curious
Loves to shop for a pretty frock,
I can teach her 'bout scarves and hats
We'll coordinate with birkenstocks.

Alopecia, alopecia
You can leave just any time;
But if you stay, you'll be dismayed
'Cause hair or not she'll be just fine.




(google if you don't know what alopecia is)

3 comments:

Jen said...

She's definitely got the face to rock the no-hair look, if it comes to that. Look at that smile!

Happy mother's day, Jan. I hope yesterday and today were both peaceful and beautiful for you and yours.

The Mitchells said...

you should write songs...I've been looking for one about childhood constipation if you can think of some lyrics I could sing to my kiddos

you are a WONDERFUL grandmother

amy said...

oh jan you make me LAUGH! i LOVE it. sweet little thing